Team Russh www.russh.in/russhapp lists three popular ethnic brands for festive shopping. Also, check out the discounts and offers available on your bank credit and debit cards on Russh app. To know more, read on…
Festive dressing is about ethnic wear. In the coming festive season, be it Navratri or Durga Puja, Dussehra or Diwali, Indians will be flaunting their sherwanis or Nehru jackets, Pathani suits or dhotis, sarees or lehengas, palazzos or ghagras, Kolhapuri chappals or juttis. Ethnic clothing gives festive vibes and also helps you celebrate India and its rich heritage.
Fusion wear also looks great. A mix of traditional and contemporary works well as long as you know how to team up the clothes and accessories. If you are unsure, ask a friend or look up fashion influencers on Instagram to know how to ace the fashion game.
When it comes to fabrics, colors, styles, embroideries, women have endless options. You can play with the hemline or neckline, keep it flowy or structured, and go all vibrant or choose to stay subtle. Festive collections are fascinating and you may feel tempted to buy more than one ensemble. Indulge, we say. It’s festival time!
Ahem, why should girls have all the fun? Men too can go bold and handsome with colors and cuts. If you go wrong with your sartorial choices, you always have the classic whites, blacks, creams and blues to fall back on. But there’s no harm being a little adventurous and trying the reds, oranges, pinks, mustards and teals. They can bring in a bit of flamboyancy to your festive fashion.
Five festive dressing tips for women
1. To create an elegant look, women can wear cotton chikankari salwar-kurta or saree with pearl or silver jewelry. Cotton cikankari suits or sarees are lightweight, breathable and hence suitable for warm weather.
2. Fancy hoop earrings with a kalamkari or ajrakh print saree will create a smart youthful look. It will also make it easy for you to pull off festive wear without donning chunky traditional jewelry. Wear a blouse with three-quarter sleeves or go for sleeveless.
3. A pink chanderi saree with a cream silk woven blouse and jewelry will make you like a princess.
4. For a more structured look, wear a belt over your saree. See the difference it makes and how confident you feel to carry off a six yard.
5. If you enjoy dandiya, all you need is a peplum top and a flared skirt to hit the dance floor.
Festive dressing tips for men
1. Men can wear indigo kurta with white churidar and a red Nehru jacket to complete the festive attire.
2. A mustard or teal cotton kurta with white or off-white churidar/ salwar/ stitched dhoti and a pair of Kolhapuri chappals will score high on the comfort factor. To bring in more vibrancy, pair the mustard kurta with purple or maroon churidar and the teal kurta with yellow dhoti.
3. Want to look classy? Sport a black silk kurta with white / cream pyjamas or a stitched dhoti, and tan juttis.
TOP THREE ETHNIC BRANDS
Walk into a Fabindia store and you are most likely to walk out with a big shopping
bag and a wide smile. If you are fond of ethnic wear, this place has it all. To make you feel comfortable and trendy, the brand offers natural fabrics like silk, cotton, cotton silk, cotton mull, cotton voile. The prints and embroideries such as Bagru, Ajrakh, Dabu, Kalamkari, Chikankari, Ikat, tie and dye etc are attractive too. Working closely with artisans, Fabindia maximizes the ‘handmade’ element in their products. And here you can shop for the entire family – husband-wife, dada-dadi, nana-nani, sis-bro, and for the little ones too. Shop at Fabindia and make this festive season bright and beautiful.
Offers on Russh app: When shopping at Fabindia, avail the offer on Russh app. Offer valid till 12 Oct, 2021.
Biba fans will find the 2021 festive collection fascinating. Straight suit, double-layered, kalidar, Anarkali, gharara, sharara, fusion dress, A-line -- Biba has a variety of clothing styles and fabrics to appeal to women across all ages. From heavy embellishments to simple embroidery, and from red, yellow, lime green and fuchsia to light beige, peach, powder blue and off-white, the brand has something for everyone. It has beautiful festive wear for little girls too. So, if you have to buy a lehenga set for your daughter or gift your niece or friend’s daughter a straight suit, you know where to get it from.
Biba by Rohit Bal and Biba by Anju Modi take the fashionistas’ shopping experience a notch higher. Celebrate the woman in you with the ace designers’ eye-catching creations.
Offers on Russh app: When shopping at Biba, check out the offers on Russh app. While some offers are valid till 30 Nov, 2021, some expire on 31 Dec, 2021.
How about wearing a flared jumpsuit this festive season? Global Desi has flared kurta, flared skirt, flared dresses and flared gowns too. The flared pieces do have a festive flair!
Wear ethnic, feel festive. If you are looking for festive clothing, Global Desi is ready to help you look trendy yet keep the ‘desi girl’ vibes intact. It is here to help you put your fashion foot forward and still feel comfortable. The brand’s boho-chic ensembles are for the vibrant, free-spirited women. Flaunt these beautiful ensembles, walk nice and tall, and don’t forget to wear your confidence.
Offer on Russh: Shop online and avail the Russh offer for Global Desi. Offer valid till 31 Dec, 2021.